-20mm Recycled Blended Base
Demolished concrete, brick, roof tiles, ceramic tiles, road base and asphalt are a valuable resource material that can be suitably recycled and blended back into various construction materials. Using recycled Construction & Demolition materials in your next construction project eliminates the need for demolished C & D waste being disposed of at council land fill sites, which assists in protecting the environment from further degradation.
-20mm recycled blended base can be supplied to;
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia (NSW) - IPWEA Class R1 & R2 as guided by the "Specification for Supply of Recycled Materials for Pavements, Earthworks and Drainage" Issue No. 3.0 April 2010.
Note: All results are indicative only and to standard compaction AS 12184.108.40.206:
- Maximum Dry Density – 1.89t/m3
- Maximum Wet Density – 2.1t/m3
- Optimum Moisture Content – 12.5%
- California Bearing Ratio > 80%
- Plasticity index – Non Plastic
- Linear Shrinkage < 4.5%
- Unconfined Compressive Strength < 1.5MPa
- Maximum Dry Compressive Strength > 1.7MPa
- Particle Shape < 35%
- Wet Strength > 70kN
- Wet/Dry Strength Variation < 35%
- Particle Size Distribution – Test Method: AS 12220.127.116.11
-20mm recycled blended base is an excellent road making material.
- High quality material that compacts easily
- High load bearing strength
- Impervious to water, low shrink swell properties
- Construction activities can often continue during wet conditions
- Reducing the impact on natural resources
- Working towards an ecologically sustainable future
Uses & Applications
-20mm recycled blended base has many pavement construction uses.
Some typical uses include:
- Base layer for road pavement
- Subbase layer for road pavement
- Select and structural fill material
- Base course for hardstand and carpark areas
- Subbase layer under concrete driveways and footpaths
- Base course for building pads